Activities in Iceland
- Book Activities
- Hot Springs
- Whale Watching
- Horseback Riding
- ATV 4x4
- Ice Caves
- Glacier Hiking
- Super Jeeps
- Northern Lights
- The Golden Circle
- Boat Tours
- Helicopter Tours/Paragliding
- Fishing & Bird Watching
- Volcano Tours
- Combo Tours
- Airport Transfer
Reykjavik Hop On Hop Off - Reykjavik City Sightseeing
Availability: All year
Duration: Flexible Bus pass valid for 24hrs
Pick-up: Daily departures every 45 minutes
Clothes: Remember to wear clothes that suit the weather
Age limit: No limit
Included: Hop-on, Hop- off access for 24 hours, Free WiFi available. Audio guide system in 8 languages (German, Italian, Swedish, Icelandic, French, Spanish, English & Japanese)
Reykjavik city sightseeing Tour in 24 hours
Explore Reykjavik on your own with this bus pass that is valid for 24 hours. Hop on and hop off the bus, just as it suits you. This way you can explore Reykjavik on a City Sightseeing tour in your own phase, with the opportunity to hop on and off at conveniently located bus stops. This bus pass is valid for 24 hours, so you take your time to enjoy a full day of beautiful Reykjavik.
Reykjavik is a city that boasts the best of both worlds; a modern, trendy and forward-looking capital whilst at the same time being so close to its unspoiled nature. Reykjavik truly is a magical place to behold.
Reykjavik City Sightseeing Stops:
- Harpa Concert Hall & Conference Centre - The stunning concert hall and conference centre is the latest landmark in Reykjavík and houses both the Iceland Symphony Orchestra and the Icelandic Opera.
- Reykjavik Old Harbour - A colourful busy area with restaurants, shops and cafés. Various boat tours depart from the Old Harbour.
- Reykjavík Maritime Museum - Explore the world of the Icelandic fisheries and coastal culture. The former coast guard vessel Óðinn is also docked there.
- Whales of Iceland - The biggest whale exhibition in the world! Life-sized models, an interactive installation and virtual reality experience. Fun for all ages.
- National Museum of Iceland - The permanent exhibition Making of a Nation - Heritage and History in Iceland is a journey through time, from settlement to the present.
- Lækjargata Hard Rock Café Reykjavik - Lækjargata - literally "stream street" - takes its name from the stream that once ran along the street. The famous Hard Rock Café is located in this street.
- Laugavegur Shopping Street - Strolling down Laugavegur you will find all kinds of shops, restaurants, cafés and bars - something for everyone.
- Kjarvalsstaðir Art Museum - It houses the works of one of Iceland´s most influential and recognized artists, Jóhannes Kjarval. You can also enjoy works from other leading Icelandic and foreign artists.
- Hallgrímskirkja Church - The church spire is 73 m high, thus making this building the tallest one in Reykjavík city. The view from the tower is sublime.
- BSÍ Bus Terminal - From here you can join one of the many adventurous day tours heading outside the city or simply take the Flybus to Keflavík International Airport.
- Perlan - A glass dome built on top of six hot water tanks. Inside you will find a restaurant, café and the amazing Wonders of Iceland exhibition. The 360° view from the observation deck is spectacular.
- Kringlan Shopping Mall - Iceland´s first real shopping mall opened its doors in 1987 and currently includes over 180 shops and restaurants along with a cinema and a public library. Next to the mall is the Reykjavík City Theatre.
- Hilton Nordica Reykjavík - The hotel is formerly known as Hotel Esja, a name derived from the dramatically dominating Mt. Esja which provides a stunning backdrop to the capital area.
- Laugardalur Valley - Reykjavík´s housewives and housemaids washed laundry in geothermal hot springs here in Laugardalur until the early 20th century. Today the park is home to a swimming pool, sports centre, botanical garden and the Family Park and Zoo.
- Skarfabakki Harbour (When cruise ships are in port) - From here you can take a boat tour over to Viðey island, stroll along the coastline to downtown Reykjavík or come inside and rent a vehicle for the day at Enterprise rent-a-car. (When cruise ships are in port)
- Höfði House - Höfði is considered to be one of the most historically significant buildings in Reykjavík. It was the location for the 1986 summit meeting of president Ronald Reagan and the general secretary Mikhail Gorbachev, in order to end the Cold War.
The full tour takes about 75-80 minutes to complete and departs from Harpa, Stop 1, every 45 minutes
You can hop on and hop off at any stop of your choosing, enjoying some discounts of attraction admission along the way
Kindly note that the bus is not running on:
- 17 June, The Icelandic Independence Day celebrations
- Reykjavík Pride parade either second or third Saturday in August
- Reykjavík Marathon and Reykjavík Cultural Night, which is held annually the Saturday after 18 August, or on 18 August if it is a Saturday.
- 31st of December, New Year's Eve
Daily departures every 45 minutes from Harpa Concert Hall at 09:30, 10:15, 11:00, 11:45, 12:30, 13:15, 14:00, 14:45, 15:30 & 16:15
Se photos from Reykjavik Hop On Hop Off Tour
Change to your own currency once
you´re in the basket
Pay via secure channel
And all other major cards...
Find the location on the map!
This tour is only with pick-up
Daily departures every 45 minutes